a blog of kitchen experiences, experiments and moments i have in my kitchen ....in my everyday life, the kitchen is where i spend most of my time and I'd like to share these moments with you..who knows we might learn a thing or two from each other. :-)

Thursday, January 28, 2010

the afternoon snack




today was the first day i had that i felt really good. the last few days was terrible for me, i was suffering from bad stomach aches and slight fever, it sucks to be sick. finally today i was up and about and excited to clean my refrigerator and freezer from all the food that was stocked throughout the holidays. first i started with the chicken bones and a few wings and thighs i stuffed inside my freezer for stock. finally i made my chicken stock, strained it and place it into small containers that i can again put in the freezer for future use ,so that's done!
well with the boiled chicken meat (from the thigh and wings) i shredded them and place it into a container . fortunately my husband called around 5pm and asked if i could make him a snack. Hmmmm great timing i have flavored chicken meat and i had a few tortilla wraps in the freezer and some bottled bbq sauce my mom sent during the holidays. then i thought of making some chicken wraps. sauteed the chicken in a skillet with onions and chopped garlic seasoned it with S&P and poured some BBQ sauce over it wallah chicken filling for the wraps. Heated the tortilla wraps placed the chicken filling in the middle grated some cheese on it and fold. i wanted some more spice to go with the wraps so i decided to make aioli (garlic mayo) and place a dash of the bbq sauce on it and mix. poured the aioli on the wraps!!! it tasted great.....but the best part was when my husband came home he had a plate of chicken wraps on the table specially made for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment